Book 19: The Heretic Queen

TITLE: The Heretic Queen
AUTHOR: Michell Moran
STARTED: July 29, 2013
FINISHED: August 7, 2013
PAGES: 416
GENRE: Fiction

FIRST SENTENCE: I am sure that if I sat in a quiet place, away from the palace and the bustle of the court, I could remember scenes from my childhood much earlier than six years old.

SUMMARY:[From BN.com] The winds of change are blowing through Thebes. A devastating palace fire has killed the Eighteenth Dynasty’s royal family–with the exception of Nefertari, the niece of the reviled former queen, Nefertiti. The girl’s deceased family has been branded as heretical, and no one in Egypt will speak their names. Nefertari is pushed aside, an unimportant princess left to run wild in the palace. But this changes when she is taken under the wing of the Pharaoh’s aunt, then brought to the Temple of Hathor, where she is educated in a manner befitting a future queen.

Soon Nefertari catches the eye of the Crown Prince, and despite her family’s history, they fall in love and wish to marry. Yet all of Egypt opposes this union between the rising star of a new dynasty and the fading star of an old, heretical one. While political adversity sets the country on edge, Nefertari becomes the wife of Ramesses the Great. Destined to be the most powerful Pharaoh in Egypt, he is also the man who must confront the most famous exodus in history

THOUGHTS: This was the sort of sequel to the other Moran book I read this summer. I liked it just as much in just the same way. It was deliciously readable and not to challenging. I think I have to add this author to my "Ooo, she has a new one out" list.

RATING: 7/10 [Very Good]

Comments