What I Read This Week: May 6, 2012


Despite the copious amounts of hockey and Mad Men I watched this week, I still managed to read a rather large pile o'stuff. Go me!
  • Magazines. I read a lot of them this week:
    • While working out this week, I finished read the May issue of The Atlantic. I loved the article about "new rules" for dining out. I consider myself to be an amateur foodie and may try to put my new knowledge to use. Also, I unexpectedly enjoyed the article about Kanye West and Jay-Z. I don't listen to much of their music, but this piece was fascinating.
    • When I subscribed to National Geographic a few weeks back, I did not expect that they would send me two months of back issues along with the new issue. Meh. I'm not one to complain about more fun reading. In the March 2012 issue, I enjoyed reading the cover story about the Apostles, as well as the story about the Arabian seas. My favorite piece of the issue was about the Rhino Wars. It made me tear up a little bit.
    • Finally, I read the May issue of Everyday Food. I pulled several recipes. Most of them involve meat. The Boyfriend should be pleased. I also learned that you should never pack bananas in the same back as cold or frozen food. If you do, you're likely to have brown spots before you even get the fruit home. Who knew?
  • I read a lot of NPR articles, but I have a particular fondness of the 13.7: Cosmos and Culture blog. This week, there was an entry about Physics vs. Philosophy that was utterly fascinating. I've been mulling it over in my head since I read it. I love it when that happens. 
  • Book wise, I managed to read some pages in both Hunger Games and my commuting/professional development book. 

Comments