What I Read This Week: April 8, 2011

I was blessed with a short work week. (Catholic University + Easter = Long Weekend) That, however, did not mean more reading. In fact, I think I read less than normal. No clue why. 

What I did read, I enjoyed - which is better anyway.
  • I've got this "thing" for Titanic. When National Geographic had a cover story (complete with unseen photographs), I had to get my greedy little hands on an issue. So, I did. I devoured the April 2012 issue quickly. As expected, I love the Titanic related articles. I also, however, was quite fascinated by the story of climbers on K2. My enjoyment of of the issue led me to go ahead and subscribe to the magazine for a year. As if I needed another magazine to read...
  • I finished reading my professional book Fundamentals of Technical Services Management (review to come) and started working on Performance Management and Appraisal. It's that time of the year again, and I figured this book might be useful. 
  • I also finished the Connie Brockway romance novel I was working on (review to follow). The Reckless One was the second book in a trilogy so I've gone ahead and started the final book. I enjoy feisty heroines who aren't Too Stupid to Live. I hope this final book is a nice completion to a series that has been surprisingly entertaining (for the most part).

Comments