Read-a-thon: Snackage

Read-a-thon is all about books. And snackage.

As is my wont, I've preplanned the menu... going overboard as is usual. You can never have too much food lying around during read-a-thong (particularly if you are feeding more than one person).

Our menu for the spring read-a-thon is:

Breakfast
Baked French Toast (a recipe from my mom's B&B)
Mimosas
Coffee

Lunch
Crudities with Dip
Hummus and Pita
Fruit (of some sort)
Salami
Selection of Cheeses with Crackers

Dinner
Chinese Take Out
Wine (only if I don't think it'll make me sleepy)

Dessert
TBD 
(The Roomie is taking this on - we're still debating options - most of them involve chocolate.) 

General Snacks
Chex Mix (2 kinds!)
Goldfish
Tea
More Coffee

The Roomie and I plan to hit the grocery store on Friday after work. We'll grab all our food stuffs and scurry home to prep them for Saturday. I have to make the baked french toast the night before (you're supposed to freeze it overnight). I also plan on making the hummus from scratch... but not as garlicky this time.

Great... now I'm hungry. Noms!

Comments

Sounds like a delicious Readathon! I'm lucky this time around, I'm going to be doing Readathon with two other bloggers, so there will be lots and lots of food!
Meghan said…
Having companions is awesome. It helps to keep everyone awake. Plus, you can rotate who is making the food, drinks, and all that jazz.
Paulina said…
Good idea to plan your menu in advance! I'm hoping to rely on leftovers and my husband's cooking for the day.
Meghan said…
I am the overly organized sort... particularly when it comes to making lists of food.