YouTube Tuesday: Read-a-thon

It's here!

Read-a-thon is THIS Saturday... which means that I'll be posting lots of posts about my preparations for the big day.

I've decided to read in honor of First Book again. The organization seeks to end early illiteracy by giving away books to children. For more information about the organization and it's goals, please see today's YouTube Tuesday video below.



I like reading. I like giving books away. Clearly, this is a match made in heaven. I will be repeating my donation method from the spring read-a-thon; for every book I complete, I will donate $10 to First Book. Last time, I finished 6 books. I hope to at least match this benchmark.

If you're interested in donating to First Book (or reading in their honor), please visit their wonderful website.


If you're participating in read-a-thon and are reading for a charity, please leave your organization in the comments.

Comments

What a wonderful goal! Readathon is such a magical event to me, and you doing it for charity is such an inspiration!
Meghan said…
Thanks Kate! I've found that it also gives me the urge to read "just one more book" when we get into the later hours.