Read-a-thon: For a Cause

This is a last minute decision, but a good last minute decision. I've decided that I shall be participating in read-a-thon in the name of First Book.

First Book is determined to see that all children, regardless of their economic conditions, can achieve more in school and in life through access to an ongoing supply of new books.

With the help of our partners, donors and dedicated volunteers we have provided more than 80 million new books to schools and programs serving children in need. Yet millions of children are still waiting for our help. 

Together we can make a difference in children’s lives. Together we can provide new books and critical resources that elevate the quality of education for children in low-income families.
I will donate $10 for every book I finish during read-a-thon. For every $10 sponsors donate, First Book can purchase 5 books for children in need.

If you'd like to pledge along with me, please leave your name and pledge in the comments. If you'd like to support another charity, other read-a-thoners are reading for charity too. You can see the complete list on the Dewey Read-a-Thon blog.

My heartiest thank you goes out to everyone who participates in any way.

Comments

Melanie H said…
First book sounds like a wonderful charity to support. I hope you get a lot of reading done and fund raising.
Meghan said…
Me too! I have 9 books in my pile and I hope I can get through most of them.

Enjoy the read-a-thon!
John said…
AW NICE. GFOTB Julia works at First Book and it seems like an awesome place. Good cause! And good read-a-thon. Taste My Sad approves.
Meghan said…
Thanks John!
Emily said…
I love how many different organizations are benefiting from the read-a-thon! First Book is such a deserving organization that does amazing work. Keep up the great work and enjoy the rest of the read-a-thon!
Meghan said…
Thanks Emily. I'm almost done with my fifth book. Hopefully I'll finish two more before my eyes refuse to stay open.