What I Read This Week: August 4, 2019


The Husband made his last out of town trip this weekend. After this, I've ordered him to be "boots on the ground" in DC in case The Kid decides to make a surprise early arrival. While he's away, I'm making some hand-lettered decor for our nursery nook, packing for the hospital, and making our final shopping lists. My belly may have been big for a few weeks, but The Kid's arrival didn't quite feel real until this week. My need to FINISH ALL THE THINGS was jump-started when we got word that good friends of ours had their own baby. It was a nice reminder that we will be coming home from the hospital with our own little human.
  • Work
    • I'm finished reading The Library Outreach Casebook. There were some decent ideas in the book, but the format forced on the authors makes the chapters sort of odd to read.
  • Books
    • For my current nightstand read, I'm making slow but steady progress on Tower of Dawn by Sarah J. Maas. It's the next installment in the Throne of Glass series and it's a parallel novel to the previous book. I'm not thrilled that I have to wait to see where the continuing main story goes, but I am enjoying the book so far.
    • My quest to finish Cribsheet continues. This is now more than a week overdue but I refuse to return it to the library until I finish. I don't think this is as good as Oster's book on pregnancy, but I'm still learning some useful information.

Comments