The Now: July 3, 2019

It's a short week for me! Between the holiday and my taking Friday off to be with family, I've only had to work three days with week. Normally, I would be thrilled about having an extra long weekend. Right now, however, I need all the days I can get to prep for my leave. Oh well. I'm doing my best to finish as much as I can before mid-August hits. 

Here's what has my attention at the moment.


Now Playing... Wizards Unite. I wasn't sure I would play this game when it first came out, but now I'm mildly addicted. There is a lot - perhaps too much - going on in the game, but that means there is always something new to try. Plus, it's really fun to catch nifflers and baby hippogrifs.

Now Loving... All the space in our closets. We spent many (many!) hours recently emptying, weeding, and reorganizing our closets. At first, The Husband thought I was crazy for wanting to take everything out, but there was a method to my madness. Because of our intensive work, we were able to clear up an abundance of space. Now, those empty shelves and gaps are being designated for baby-related things. While we have already stored a few larger baby items (bassinet, parts of the stroller, bins of supplies), it was nice to enjoy a ton of empty closet space for a few days.

Now Writing... A whole lot of content. I'll be going on maternity leave in about, oh, eight weeks or so. In order to prepare for my leave (and make life a bit easier on my colleagues), I'm writing up a lot of content that can be scheduled before I go or used while I'm out. That content includes email newsletters, blog posts, social media posts, and a (massive) draft of an incident response guide. I like writing, but having to intuit what might be needed in three to four months is not the easiest thing in the world. I'm trying to write material that is timeless or tied-in to the academic calendar. That way, I don't have to worry about stale memes or outdated examples. Luckily for me, the colleague who will oversee our social media while I'm away is awesome and experienced.

Now Adoring... Megan Rapinoe. Do I need a reason?

Comments