Pairings: I Scream


Sometimes, I just want to read a book that is full of comfort foody goodness. I don't want to think to much. I just want to be enthralled with a story. I read The Hating Game by Sally Thorne back in the fall, but it is the perfect summer beach read. It's a bit of a guilty pleasure but mostly just a lot of fun. It's a classic of a hate turns to love story. Sure, the plot asks you to suspend disbelief more than you should, but who cares. You want these two to get together in the end.


A beachy books needs a beachy snack. I don't have an ice cream maker nor do I want one but, sometimes, I still want to make ice cream. This no churn ice cream recipe (with cookies!) from The Pioneer Woman makes creating ice cream at home simple. All this dessert needs is four ingredients and time. If you make this recipe right before you start the book, by the time it's frozen you'll be ready to indulge your sweet tooth just as you get to the really good part of the story.

Comments