What I Read This Week: June 2, 2019


The AC in our living room decided to stop working late Friday night. Thankfully, the bedroom unit still works, but sitting on the couch is rather toasty. At least it's not the 100 degree heatwave we suffered through the last time this happened.
  • Work
    • Since I'm planning an in-house customer service training this summer, I started reading Delivering Satistifaction and Service Quality: A Customer-Based Approach for Libraries to get a few more ideas. So far, it's very business meets library science.
  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, June 2019 - Perhaps the most important article in this issue was all about sunscreen. It not only offered recommend products but gave great tips on how to keep sunburn at bay. There were also good articles detailing how to prepare for and survive a home renovation and a look at health trends and the realities of science. Finally, I really enjoyed the story about a man who sent lots and lots of postcards. It makes me want to get back in the habit of writing snail mail.
  • Books
    • I polished off Heir of Fire and immediately started reading the next book in the Throne of Glass series, Queen of Shadows. I'm determined to finish this series before The Kid shows up.

Comments