What I Read This Week: June 16, 2019


Shout out to friends this week. One set of our friends moved in to their first house this weekend. Congrats to them! (The move also coincided with their kid turning one so they gave us alllll their baby stuff.) We also celebrated another friend's move to Pittsburgh. While we're sad to see her go, she's making a great career move. Also, Pittsburgh is not that far away.
  • Magazines
    • The Atlantic, June 2019 - The cover story on why we should abolish the priesthood was stuck at the back of this issue. It wasn't a bad piece, but I don't think there was anything new to it. It just argued that an all-male patriarchy leads to problems. Any woman could have told you that. One of the more intriguing pieces in this issue was looking at whether or not Shakespeare could have been a woman. The article made a compelling argumetn and I look forward to further research on that. I also liked the story that chronicled one woman's immigrant experience. It shows that those who wish to come to the United States have a long and hard road to travel - no matter which route they choose to take. 
  • Books
    • I'm still working on Queen of Shadows. I'm over 300 pages in to this book and that's barely halfway. Ms. Mass sure likes to write a long story but I am okay with that. Our heroine was just reunited with a rather important person in her life.

Comments