In My Ear: June 1, 2019


I listened to a lot of stuff this week but, honestly, most of it went in one ear in out the other. In lieu of my round-up list, I want to recommend something else: bird calls.

Twice this week, I had the opportunity to listen to beautiful bird calls, trills, and singing. The first was when The Husband and I visited the National Arboretum. We hiked along some trails and birds were calling back and forth to one another the whole time. It was a lovely soundtrack to a beautiful afternoon. The second opportunity was not as fun. We had a 3:30 a.m. fire alarm in our building (all is fine). Apart from the murmurs of all the residents and occasional dog barks, there was a light soundtrack of a single bird whistling. It was a pleasant part of an otherwise unpleasant event.

Take some time in nature this weekend. Open your ears and let the singing in.



Comments