What I Read This Week: May 12, 2019


Now that the A/C is finally on in our building, we've been able to close our windows. Today, The Husband and I are doing some spring cleaning... i.e. removing all the pollen that floated in through said windows. Everything we own seems to be coated in a fine dust of green. Yeah.
  • Work
    • American Libraries, May 2019 - The bulk of this issue was devoted to the annual library systems report. That's something I just skim. I'm just not that interested in diving deep into the (non-public) tech side of libraries - particularly when the article mainly shares how many people selected a certain vendor. Now, the article on marketing summer programs for teens was more up my alley. I will always read about how to connect to certain sectors of the community. Finally, there was a column on digital badges that makes me want to add them to my libraries information literacy repertoire even more.
  • Books
    • I made quite the dent in Crown of Midnight. I should be able to finish this in a day or two and then I'm going to jump into the next book in the series. This book feels like it's setting up a great adventure to come.

Comments