The Now: May 8, 2019

It's Wednesday and I'm still riding the happy high I got from visiting the Kitten Lounge last weekend. Fluffy, tiny kitties are the best! As much as I wanted to take them all home with me almost all of the kitties were already adopted. Their new families are lucky because each one was an adorable ball of fun.

Now here's what else has grabbed my attention.


Now Listening To... The Thistle & Shamrock. I did something I never thought I could do... I caught up on all my podcasts AND their back episodes. So now what do I listen to? The past few days, I've turned to the new and archived episodes of The Thistle & Shamrock on NPR. This is a weekly show that plays music from Irish and Scottish traditions. It's all incredibly delightful and I find myself being extra productive when I listen.

Now Enjoying... Baby kicks. The Kid goes quiet some days but, for the most part the baby now kicks me on a pretty regular schedule. It's always fun to be going about my day and then be reminded that they're there. Some of the kicks are simple flutters, some feel like they're rolling over, and others make my stomach jerk they're so strong. Right now, since the kicks are not waking me up in the middle of the night, I find them all utterly delightful.

Now Watching... The Newsroom. The Husband and I like to have one show to binge going at a time. This week, we started watching this HBO series. I knew I would love it (I was a media studies and politics major in college) but I was unprepared for how prescient it was for today's climate. We're only about six episodes it but it's eerie how little has changed. It's also sad how much worse the divisiveness has gotten. It's not as good as Aaron Sorkin's other hit, The West Wing, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless.

Now Working On... Customer service initiatives. The semester is winding down which means we're gearing up for summer productivity time at the library. On my plate right now are several customer service initiatives. I'm going to be doing some in-house training to go along with the customer service commitment document I've written that is [thisclose] to be doing. On top of that, I'm working with a colleague on an incident response guide. It's going to cover everything for accidental damage to books to power failures to suspicious packages to whatever-could-possible-happen in our space. My outline alone is four pages long. At least I know what I can work on while the reference desk is quiet.

Now Delighted By... Prince Harry. He was so happy to be a dad and share the news that he thanked the horses.

Comments