Pairings: Reliable


When it came to writing this post this today, I didn't know what book to focus on. Nothing immediately came to mind and I found myself scrolling through booklists trying to get inspired. When I'm in a mood like this, I always tend to settle on something easy by an author I know. That is why I ended up settling on Diana Gabaldon. She's my favorite fiction author and turning to her is like joining up with a good friend. But I was also feeling like something special which is how this post ended up featuring her graphic novel The Exile. This book is a look at the events of Outlander told from Jamie's point of view. It's a nice spin on a novel I turn back to over and over again.


What do you want to eat when you have no idea what to make? Easy comfort food. For me, that means pasta. Give me a bowl of carbs covered in sauce and cheese and I'm a happy camper. Did you know that you can make spaghetti and meatballs in a slow cooker? You can! This recipe from Damn Delicious is a spin on the old Italian staple. Everything goes in to the slow cooker all at once leaving you hands free (for reading!) for several hours. Then it all comes out tasting like yum.

Comments