What I'm Loving: Movie Soundtracks

Saturday was Readathon and, during this event, I like to listen to classical music. I don't listen to just any classical music; I listen to movie soundtrack scores. Starting back in middle school, I developed a love of scores. They have the beauty of classical music with the addition of film majesty. I find the themes of scores to be lovely and emotional. They are the perfect accompaniment to reading because, often, the tones and soaring sounds of the scores mirror what is happening in the book.

Since I was reading high fantasy during Readathon, I stuck to Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. The soaring themes and deep drums really helped to set the mood for the the books in my hand.

When I read romance or other fiction, I like to listen to the soundtracks from films like Pride and Prejudice and Casanova. These scores are softer and more melodic which enhances the story on the page.



Each score is beautiful on it's own but when I add it to a book my enjoyment is doubled. Not only do I get to listen to rich and lovely music, but I can increase the feelings of the book I'm reading.

Comments