What I Read This Week: April 28, 2019


You know you're an adult when it's exciting to get a new living room ottoman. Our old one was looking so sad; the faux leather was starting to flake off in the corners where we propped up our feet. When we started to be able to see the foam padding underneath, we knew it was time to find a replacement. We went with a smaller size and opted for gray fabric over brown faux leather. It looks good and I love that it gave me an excuse to clean out everything we stored inside.

Adulting indeed.

  • Magazines
    • Real Simple, May 2019 - This was just a so so issue for me. A lot of stuff focused on outdoor spaces, which just made me sad that I don't have a balcony or little garden plot. One article was chock full of garden ideas, which were all delightful... I just can't use them. The article I can use, however, was all about pizza. There were some great looking recipes for different kinds of pies. The most useful piece in the issue was about how to deliver bad news. Turns out the sandwich technique is far from the best.
  • Books
    • I'm making decent progress on Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. You can tell this book is by the same author as the A Court of... series, but the characters and set up are different enough that it feels like the separate story that it is. So far, I'm just really excited to see where it goes. I was warned ahead of time by some reviews that the first two books are really just setting the scene for the rest of the series.
  • Other

Comments