What I Read This Week: April 21, 2019


This week, the librarians that I work with all decided that we should sit down and plan out our summer to do lists. We realized that we all have these HUGE plans but they're going to run in to the problem of time. It always seems like the summer will last forever, but it never does. Instead of feeling disappointed when we run out of time, we're opting to list what we want to do, rank our priorities, and just keep moving until the fall semester starts. I have a feeling we'll feel far more productive and satisfied with what we can accomplish over the next few months.
  • Books
    • I polished off A Court of Wings and Ruin...
    • ... and started reading A Court of Frost and Starlight. This book is a (sorta) short story that's supposed to tide us readers over until the next full book in the series is published. While I'm bummed that this isn't the next complete installment, I'm more than happy to spend extra time with these characters and their world.
    • I also started (and finished) reading The Curated Closet by Anuschka Rees. I heard about this title on the By The Book podcast and thought it might be worth a go. While I try to maintain a slimmed down wardrobe, I still find myself wearing the same 10 items over and over again just because they're there. I'd like to develop a better sense of my personal style as opposed to just grabbing what I've always worn.

Comments