The Now: April 24, 2019

Now that the baby news is out of the bag, I feel like I can start sprinkling more baby related things throughout my posts. Which is good, because baby stuff is taking up a lot of real estate in my head. But, it's not the only thing on my mind. Here's what's grabbing my attention right now.


Now Researching... Childcare options. Having a baby is daunting. There is a lot to consider, plan, and buy. I'm finding the most daunting aspect to be childcare. DC is a city with few great options and the options that exist are all expensive. Most of the daycares we're looking at have a monthly fee higher than our rent. It's insane. The one upside to this is that one of my coworkers is also expecting and due just a month before us. So, we're looking at nanny share options together. It's looking like the most feasible and affordable option at the moment. Also, it would be flexible which is great because my office is likely going to allow me to have some work from home days.

Now Eating... Chicken Salad. I meal prep my lunches and this week I landed on a winner. While the recipe (from Yummiest Food) calls for wraps, I'm just sticking with the filling. It's hearty, a little creamy, crunchy, and has tangy sweetness from the dried cranberries. (I also added a few bits of peppery radish since I needed to use that up in my fridge.) I serve the salad with wheat thins and a side of cherry tomatoes. This meal prep has me so happy that I'm thinking of making it again next week. I've never been a huge fan of chicken salad but this recipe has converted me.

Now Watching... Game of Thrones. It's Season 8 and it is serious. The Husband and I took forever to catch up on this show. We'd watch three or four episodes and then stop for months at a time. Lucky for us, we caught up for the new season premiered and we are now able to watch live. Which is awesome because everyone at my office watches and we talk about it. I don't know what's going to happen, but I know that there are certain characters I'm rooting for. Also, I'm shipping Tormund and Brienne something fierce. At this point, I just assume everybody is going to die, so that makes all the good things that happen icing on the cupcake.

Now Enjoying... Commuting on foot. I love that I can walk to work any time of year, but I particularly love walking to work right now. The trees are leafing out, the azaleas are in bloom, and almost every property has planted their spring flowers. To top it all off, the weather has been stellar lately. I don't need a coat and the breeze keeps everything from getting too hot. I've got a 30 minute walk each way and I am loving every minute of it.


Comments