The Now: April 10, 2019

It's the season of transition. At work, I'm helping students gear up to finish their last assignments and get ready for finals. At home, I'm itching to weed and spring clean ALL THE THINGS. It's a good thing my work schedule is giving me a few Fridays off (cause I'm working Saturdays) where I can tackle a few of my projects.

Here's what has my attention this week.


Now Eating... Date Night Mushroom Pasta. The Husband did the meal planning for this week and he surprised me by selecting mostly vegetarian meals. On Monday, we had this fantastic pasta dish. The mushrooms were an excellent source of umami while the spinach brought the freshness. Top it all off with the creamy texture of the heavy cream and goat cheese and.... YUM! We're going to make it again and the only adjustment I would consider making is adding a dash or two of nutmeg at the end.

Now Creating... The DC Skyline. This week, I'm putting together an exhibit of books about DC history. Since I want to add depth to the exhibit, I have plans to make the DC skyline out of masking tape on the back glass of the display case. I'm not sure how easy or successful this will be, but I have outlines of prominent buildings to work from. Here's hoping it looks as good in person as it does in my head.

Now Watching... Splitting Up Together. I loved Jenna Fischer on The Office. When I saw she had a new show coming out last year, I put it on our list. We've been watching in half-season spurts. This week, we caught up on the second half of season 2. It's cute, quirky, and pretty funny. What I like most about the show is that every character is allowed to be a little over the top. They're not that realistic, but since everyone is a little extra is just sorta works.

Now Waiting... For the AC to be turned on. Both my home and my office are in that weird time of the year where they need to convert the heating to the AC. The days get really warm, but since the nights cool off, they don't want to turn off the heat for those who need it. So, I've basically been warm all day at work and, since our apartment is on the top floor and even open windows don't allow for a cross-breeze, I've been warm at night as well. Neither The Husband nor I can wait until things cool off. We've been living on ice water and refrigerated beverages.

Now Cheering... For the Washington Capitals. It's hockey playoff season and our Caps meet up with the Carolina Hurricanes (what a bunch of jerks) in the first round. We're going to the opening game of the series tomorrow and I hope I'll be standing up and hooting for a lot of goals.

Comments