Pairings: Dorm Food


I Am Charlotte Simmons takes place on a college campus. The story follows Charlotte as she navigates classes, keggers, and the drama the comes from college. As a small town girl, she is out of her element at an elite university. She tries to navigate what it means to be a partying co-ed when her heart wants to stay a student. I read this book years ago and certain passages still spring to mind because Tom Wolfe is just that good.


Colleges have pretty healthy fares these days. Additionally, I know the types of cuisines most schools offer are incredibly varied and (often) delicious. But, when I think of dorm food I think of all the unhealthy options available at the buffet. When I was a student, one of my go tos was a basket of chicken fingers and fries. It's the perfect food to eat while socializing or studying. Also, it's a tasty guilt pleasure. While you can always grab bags of frozen chicken fingers and frozen fries, I think it might be worth trying to make this delectable looking and more sophisticated baked sesame chicken fingers with fries.

Comments