Judge a Book: Wild Beauty

I'm swapping bi-weekly series. Starting today, in lieu of What I'm Loving, I will now feature and breakdown a gorgeous book cover.

Who among us hasn't judged a book by its cover? Who among us hasn't picked up a book simply because cover was pretty or intriguing? They say, "Never judge a book by it's cover" because cover can in no way encompass the entirety of a book. But we all do it. Covers are what sells books and publishers know that. So cover art is incredibly important. It is the thing that makes you go, "Hmmm. Is that worth reading?" It's also how many people choose to decorate their homes and showcase their reading. Covers are also how people describe books to each other... or librarians (I don't remember the title, but it's blue.)

So let's celebrate cover art in all it's glory!

This idea comes from my friend Beth, so I'm going to start this series with the book that made her think of it.



First Impression: Ugh! This book is so pretty I wish I could frame it!

Further Reading: As a piece of art, this cover is stunning. The florals are lush, vibrant, and skillfully arranged and the greenery and moss give depth and an organic feel to the image. Also, this is definitely a cover that has been influenced by Instagram because the structure has "flat lay" written all over it. Writing the title in gold was a great idea because it stands out just enough to know what book you're looking at, but it also blends with colors of the flowers. The font choice gives you the idea that this book might be a fairy tale or fantasy. Also, I love the way the little girl is interacting with the words, as if she's the one creating the wild beauty.


Comments