What I'm Loving: Binging YA

Over the past few months, I've been on one of the best reading kicks of my adult life. I'm enjoying a ton of books and reading at a pace I've not encountered since college. My reading is almost keeping up with all the books that same to appear on my TBR list. I find this thrilling and I credit Young Adult books for the resurgence.

YA books are one of my preferred genres. The only reason I don't tend to read them more often is that I think I should be reading other books or something else landed on my nightstand or library hold list. Lately, I just decided that I wanted read all the YA I could get my hands on. Not only has my reading pace increased, but I'm just so darn happy to be reading these titles.

  

The reasons to love YA are many, but I always come back to the fact that they just make me happy. Drama? General Fiction? Fantasy? I don't care what sub-genre the book has, as long as it's YA.

YA books have a vivacity and life about them that does not exist in out genres. Everything just seems a bit more amped up. From the plot to the characters there's just a bit more to it. More richness. More drama. More emotion. More world building. It's all a bit extra and I love it.


The only downside to reading YA is that it keeps me up reading past my bedtime. But there are far worse problems to have.

Comments