What I Read This Week: March 31, 2019


Now that the weather is finally warming up, I'm considering trying to make a habit of reading on our roof deck. It's not something I've done regularly, but I feel like it's something I should try to do more often. There are plenty of lounge chairs up there and I can bring my parasol for shade. Throw in a fizzy drink and I think that's the making of a good afternoon.
  • Magazines
    • Eating Well, April 2019 - This was a surprise issue that arrived in my mailbox after I canceled my subscription. I found the whole thing to be "eh" which reinforces my decision to no longer receive this title.
    • Real Simple, March 2019 - There were two really good articles in this issue. The first was about how to raise a resilient kid. Instead of hovering or doing everything for them, teach them how to fail and how to recover from that failure and disappointment. Next, there was a brief article about what makes a good boss. I think we can all grow from good management advice. Finally, there was a fun article about how to show at flea markets that makes me want to go out and hunt down a treasure or two.
  • Books
    • I polished off Always and Forever, Lara Jean early in the week. The series ended how I expected it to, but that did not diminish my enjoyment.
    • Now I am reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This series kept appearing in my recommendations so I just grabbed all the books from the library. Seeing as how readathon is next Saturday, I have a feeling I'll burn through them pretty quickly.

Comments