The Now: March 27, 2019

I will never understand why all hotel conference rooms are kept at sub-zero temperatures. Aside from my endless quest to stay warm, here’s what has my attention right now.


Now Attending... The Computers in Libraries Conference. This week, I'm attending (and presenting) at this annual conference that is all about tech and libraries. I learn a lot every year, and that’s partly because I follow the conference hashtag. (#cildc) That means I get to listen in on sessions I’m not attending. This is a local conference for me so it's easy to get to and I know all the best places near the hotel to eat.

Now Watching... The Young Pope and Jamestown. At the end of the last week, while The Husband was out of town and I was quarantined with The Flu (Lite), I binge watched both of these shows. I still don't know what to make of The Young Pope but man was it beautiful to look at. I also hear there's a limited series sequel coming soon. As for Jamestown, it's a delightful somewhat soapy and definitely not truly historical look at the founding of the Jamestown settlement in Virginia.

Now Planning... A trip to the kitten lounge. Why? Kittens! Also, my friend Kathleen really wants to go and who am I to turn down a great idea?

Now Reliving... Past vacations. I'm finally getting around to downloading and organizing a whole slew of my digital photos. Thousands (that is not an overstatement) of those pictures are from past vacations to Europe. There's nothing like reliving a great few weeks from the comfort of your couch, but now I desire hazelnut gelato and a demi-baguette with bacon lardons. Also, there is nothing like finally getting files renamed and put into properly categorized folders.

Now Raving... About The Public. First, watch the trailer. Now, imagine you're a librarian and that you discovered that this film was screening at your local library branch... and Emilio Estevez was on hand to talk about it afterwards. That was last night for me. I practically ran from the conference to get to the screening on time and IT WAS AMAZING. The film comes to theaters in April and I think everyone should see it.

Comments