The Now: March 13, 2019

Spring Forward is the bane of my existence. I've gotten a full eight hours of sleep every night since it happened, but I'm still tired in the morning. While I love the extra daylight in the evening, I really loathe that it's dark when I get up. Also, it's pointless. Let's do away with it.


Now Watching... Victoria on Masterpiece. I completely forgot that this series was back! Once I saw it in the On Demand menu I jumped. The Husband has not seen the first two seasons, but he was game to let me binge season three. The show is just as good as it has always been, but they really messed with history this season. I kept researching things and finding that either it didn't happen or was way dramatized. That said, the show is still fantastic. Also, I'm really bummed that I will never get to visit the Great Exhibition at the Crystal Palace.

Now Eating... Cottage Cheese and Frozen Blueberries. I was watching Chopped a while back and, in one of the baskets, the contestants pulled out cottage cheese and blueberries. That sounded like a delicious combination so I picked some up from the store. I was right. It is tasty. There's a blend of salty and sweet and tart and it just all so good as a breakfast or dessert.

Now Savoring... My box of samoas. A troop of Girl Scouts did some great street hawking in our area so I purchased samoas for me and tagalongs for The Husband. Samoas are my favorite GS cookie but I refuse to give in and buy lots of boxes. That means I'm nibbling this one box slowly. I don't want them to go away, but I'm down to my last row of treats. I'm going to savor every last bite of what remains in this box.

Now Ignoring... The massive pile of donations that needs to be taken out of our apartment. We've been weeding our things and the pile has grown immensely since The Husband got in on the action. I see the pile every day. It just sits there in our bedroom reminding me that we actually need to donate everything... but we keep ignoring it. Maybe next week...

Now Fearing... How much the DM is going to try to kill us in our upcoming D&D game. We just finished a quest in the Underdark. That was scary and full of creatures that gave our characters owies. Now we're journeying towards another quest and I just don't think we'll make it there in one piece. Also, my character is impulsive and clumsy... and our healer is our also our tank. We're an odd group.

Comments