What I Read This Week: February 3, 2019


The Husband and I have to brave the grocery store today for last minute Superbowl party supplies along with our usually weekly shop. I fear the chaos... but at least it should be less crowded than it was before our last predicted snowstorm. Nothing is as crazy as a grocery story before a snow storm. I get the milk, bread, and toilet paper... and beer... but why does every meat also run out?
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, February 2019 - This was just a meh issue. The cover story about solo climbing a HUGE rock face was great, but it was only a few pages long. Aside from that, I learned a lot while reading the articles about kangaroos. Who knew they were considered a menace and adapted to basically every climate on the continent.
  • Books
    • My library hold for To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han FINALLY came in from the library. I've been waiting for this book for months and months. So far, it's just as delightful as the Netflix movie.
  • Other
    • I adore Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. It is one of the few fiction series I own and reread. When Starz decided to turn the books into a show, I was excited. While I have only seen the first season, I thought it was a wonderful and faithful adaptation. I learned in reading an article this week that one character that dies in the books is kept alive in the series. Normally, something like that would make me cranky. I like my adaptions to hew as closely to the book (at least the main plots) as possible. In this case, the author makes such a compelling argument for why the change works that I'm actually excited to see how it works out. [Vulture]

Comments