The Now: February 27, 2019

Is it too early in the year to question why the months are flying by? I did a double-take the other day when I realized March is in a few days. Time flies when you've been busy. Here's what has my attention at the moment.


Now Working On... A social media policy for our library. Since I'm in charge of our social media, I figure I ought to have a policy to follow. Also, I firmly believe that every workplace needs to write things down so important things are not just in one person's head. This policy is comprehensive and, hopefully, will keep me and anyone I call on to cover my vacations on track.

Now Plotting... On how to best support The Husband during his first ever marathon. It's in just over a week and I am ready to cheer him on! My brother is coming in to town (he ran the NYC marathon last year) to help be a cheer squad. I've plotted out where along the course we can scream for The Husband and I made a sign that I've hidden until race day. Now I just need to figure out what to pack in my backpack. It's going to be a mix of supplies for me and The Husband since part of the race spends a lot of miles in a part of town where there aren't many stores or restaurants.

Now Enjoying... A friend's most excellent winter tea. For the past three years, my friend Kathleen has hosted a ladies tea. This year, she was inspired by French recipes and citrus flavors. Everything was de-licious! I was tempted to pilfer the macaroons in my purse. In addition to the wonderful spread, this tea is also a great time to catch up with the girls. We get to chat for hours and it's a wonderfully relaxing time.

Now Eating... One Pan Roasted Kielbasa and Cabbage Dinner from Budget Bytes. I wanted to make a new recipe this week and I had a hankering for cabbage. This meal was easy to whip up and tasted amazing. The mustard vinaigrette adds just enough zest to the dish to elevate it over your typical meat and potatoes meal.

Now Anticipating... My modern calligraphy class next Tuesday. I've wanted to take a calligraphy course for aaaages. Most classes I found were either to expensive, in inconvenient locations, or on days I could not attend. Someone, I managed to find one at a local store just one neighborhood down from where I live. It's affordable, occurs after work, and will send me home with a goodie bag of supplies to help me practice. I'm so excited!

Now Filing... My taxes. Yeah.


Comments