The Now: February 13, 2019

Here's what has my attention at the moment. I'm working on getting over a cold (boo!) so things are a bit slow around here. I ended up taking a sick day on Tuesday and, in the past 48 hours, I've slept through 18+ of them. Nothing like marathon naps to heal you up.


Now Drinking... Hot water with lemon and honey. I don't like taking cold meds. They just make me loopy. My method for being able to breath again is to drink a lot of hot water with fresh lemon and a squeeze of honey. Sure, it doesn't clear out your sinuses like Sudafed, but it also doesn't leave me staring off in to space for no reason. Plus, it keeps your hydrated.

Now Hacking... My tissue boxes. I go through a lot of tissues when I'm sick. One way I corral them is to put the used tissues in an empty tissue box. To make life easier, I like to rubber band the boxes together. It's a simple hack that makes carrying tissues around my home a whole lot easier.

Now Celebrating... Valentine's Day at our local watering hole. Assuming I kick this cold by Cupid's day, the Husband and I have a plan to stop by our favorite bar for dinner. We know the bartender so well that he puts our food order in as soon as we sit down. Also, he's good people. We love sharing updates about each other's lives. Right now, he's planning on heading back to get another college degree. We're bummed that we won't see him all the time, but we're happy that he's pursuing something he likes. Additionally, when we head to this bar on Thursdays, they play live Irish music and it's a really good show.

Now Cooking... Black Bean and Sweet Corn Quinoa Salad. When we came back from ski trip on Monday, I needed a quick meal prep since we had so much to do to unpack from the trip and prepare of the week. This recipe is tasty and fast. And, luckily for my stuffed up nose, the spiciness gives it flavor when you can't really smell.

Now Excited For... The three Wonder Woman graphic novels coming in from the library. I read the first four in the Rebirth series last year. The library didn't yet have the next four and I was bummed. I've been stalking the titles for months. When they showed up as "On Order," I immediately placed a hold on all the titles. I got the notice that they were available for pick-up yesterday. I can't wait to grab them!

Now Watching... The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime. The Husband and I were huge fans of Top Gear with the three hosts of TGT. The new series is fantastic, but we particularly love the "special" episodes where they just put their cars through the wringer to complete some quest. This season, it was going after stock photo images of animals in Colombia. Unlikely other Amazon series, they don't put all the episodes up at once. We're watching week-by-week and it gives us something to look forward to doing on Friday nights.

Comments