Pairings: Mug Joy


It's hot chocolate season. I have packets of the stuff in my cabinets that I like to use in lieu of desert some night. Sometimes, however, I just want a more indulgent version of this treat. That's where this glorious lavender hot chocolate recipe comes in. It's not too hard to make and the floral notes from the lavender buds make this recipe extra special. Plus, anything topped in whipped cream makes me happy.


When I think I hot chocolate, I'm reminded of regency era romance novels. Pots of hot chocolate always seem to pop up at breakfast or on trays brought to rooms. One of my favorite authors of regency era romances is Victoria Alexander. I dove in to my reading list and found Let it Be Love. This romance is set at Christmas time. Perfect for hot chocolate!

Comments