The Friday Find: Parle Vous Francais?

Last week, I mentioned that I started diving deeply into the archives of the Coffee Break French podcast. I did so again this week, and I have to say, I'm very glad I'm getting to spend more time with this show.
I took French in high school. My school offered Spanish, French, and, yes, Latin. Of those options, French looked the most interesting to me - mainly because I wanted to visit Paris. I have since visited Paris, but my French skills are rusty.

About two years ago, I decided that I needed to work on learning another language. I decided to pick up with French because it's the one country I would consider moving to. (Give me aaaaalll the baguettes.) My training started with Duolingo and TinyCards. While that expanded my vocabulary, it didn't help with my ability to hear the language. That's where this podcast comes in. Coffee Break French breaks down language learning into bite-sized pieces. The hosts are Scottish (so you may need some time to adjusts to their accents), but the lessons are both manageable and enjoyable. Each episode tackles one aspect of the language. The lessons also get gradually more difficult and comprehensive as you progress.

I highly recommend this podcast if you're trying to relearn French or are looking to start language training. You can learn more about the podcast or sign up for their paid features on their website.

Comments