What I'm Loving... Naps

Like most people, I don't remember loving naps as a kid. I think naps are lost on the young. As an adult, I relish a good, long nap. I love cozying up on the couch in a nest of pillows with a fuzzy blanket, putting a show on the TV (most likely football), and knowing that I will be passed out in minutes.

Between all the holiday activities this month, there was a lot of napping. A nap is a great way to cap a day of eating cookies and walking around the city with family. The Hallmark Channel provides a wonderful soundtrack to snooze away to. At some point, we had four people napping on my couch at the same time.

But nothing, and I mean nothing, beats a nap you know is going to be good. Yesterday, after The Husband and I enjoyed a long walk through the zoo, I came home knowing that a proper nap was in order. I took a warm shower, bundled in to the corner of the couch, and closed my eyes while the sounds of NFL Red Zone played in my ears. To add to the feeling of comfort, while I napped, The Husband was prepping our delicious beef short rib ragu dinner. It's amazing how much the sizzling on the stove sounds like the crackling of a fire. The apartment was filled with a delicious aroma which only added to my cocoon-like feeling. I slept for an hour and a half and relished every minute of my complete relaxation.


As this is the last day of 2018, I want to wish everyone a warm and welcoming new year. May your 2019 be filled with everything you enjoy, laughter, and good cheer.

Comments