What I'm Loving: Holiday Cards

Every year, I send out a large batch of holiday cards. I love sending (and receiving) snail mail all year round, but holiday mail is extra special.

I love sending out holiday cards because I get to reach out to my family and friends all over the country. Each card gets its own message, and I like to think it brings good cheer to everyone's mailbox. Plus, holiday cards tend to end up on mantels or in baskets or in some other public display.


That's what I particularly enjoy receiving holiday cards. Every card we receive gets taped to our kitchen door. We leave that door propped open so it's one of the first things we see when we get him. I get my happy mail all through the holiday season.

Each day I open the mailbox and see an envelope, I do a little dance. I love seeing all the family (and pet!) pictures. I love those long letter updates that get a bad rap online. I love the glitter. Mostly, I just love knowing that someone thought of us enough to send a card.




Comments