The Friday Find: Find It In Your Stocking

I locked myself out of my office this week. It was a two-second blunder that led to an interesting evening.

I discovered that we do not keep a set of backup keys on hand. It turns out Public Safety doesn't have a master key to certain parts of the library - my office included. Since I was on the late shift, the locksmith had left of the day.

So - because my office doesn't technically have a ceiling - one of my (most awesome) colleagues put a tall step-stool to work and leapt the wall. I owe this hero a beer.

To keep this from happening again, I added a note next to me door reminding me to check for my keys.

While the Tile Mate Key Finder won't keep you from forgetting your keys, it will help you find them again. It's a tiny gadget that you clip to your keys, phone, or whatever else you have a habit of loosing. The app then helps you track it down.

It's a useful thing that's small enough to slip into someone's stocking. You can find this on the Tile website.

Comments