Pinned: Invite Rudolph


Every December, The Husband and I host a holiday party. We put out a massive spread of appetizers, desserts, and other nibbles; we decorate the apartment from top to bottom; and, since we lack a bookcase, we make sure the ol' Yule log is playing on all our screens. Our apartment isn't massive, but all our guests fit and the smaller space means that everyone mingles. Even I, who is usually in the kitchen heating up and refreshing the food, has plenty of time to chat with everybody. 

Our annual party is a festive time that I look forward to every year. It also serves as a mini-wedding anniversary celebration for us. We were married on 12/13/14 and we love having this party as a chance to see all our friends and be reminded of that happy day.

Next year, however, we might have to mix things up a bit. I found this great idea floating around Pinterest and just had to save it for myself. Instead of an evite or paper invitation, you invite your guests with little games. I think it's a fun way to hold a holiday party game night. Your guests can even bring the game back to the party for everyone to enjoy.

I love it when a touch of whimsy can bring such joy.

Comments