Pairings: Light and Breezy


Breaks are for light-reading fare... at least in my book. Since I always give myself a long to do list, I love to relax with a book that is entertaining, enjoyable, and not too taxing on my brain. Earlier this year, I read The Hating Game by Sally Thorne and it was delightfully addictive. You can read my full review here but it's that kind of light lit that makes reading fun again when you've been overindulging in heavy drama and non-fiction. It's a breezy rom-com come to life that will leave you feeling giggly and happy.


To go with this delicious fun read, I recommend some light-eating fare. If you're like me, you overindulged at Christmas and could use an infusion of veggies. I am a fan of the BIG salad. I love to just hit up the store and buy all the veggies... and conveniently forget the lettuce because "the stuff" in the salad is the best part. If you like to work from a recipe, I recommend this Greek Chickpea Salad from Cooking Made Healthy. It's all of the awesomeness of a salad with none of the lettuce.

Comments