Book 51: Untamed

Title: Untamed
Author: Pamela Clare
Started: November 22, 2018
Finished: December 2, 2018
Pages: 354
Genre: Romance

First Sentence: Amalie Chauvenet straightened the gold braid on her father's gray uniform, trying to hide her fear.

Summary: [From BN] When he awakens sweet passion in a convent-bred French lass, Morgan MacKinnon finds himself cursing the war that's forced him to choose between upholding his honor and pledging himself to the woman he loves.

Thoughts: If I'm being honest, this is not a great book. In fact, it's not really even that good. The writing is lazy and the plotting is forced. The characters are so stereotypical that you could have swapped them out with people from other books. Also, I really hate when the hero and heroine are just so good and pure-of-heart that they don't seem real.

So, I should have hated this book. But, I didn't.

This is the first romance novel I've read in aaaaaages. Years. So, I loved how reading this made me feel. It's the drama of two characters who have "everything" against them meeting, clashing, and, ultimately, falling in love. It's the heat of their connection and swoonyness of the romance that sweeps you off your feet.

I'm certain that any mass market paperback in this genre would have made me feel like this, but I don't care. This is a classic, stereotypical romance and I am so glad I read it.

Rating: 6/10 [Good]

Comments