What I Read This Week: November 4, 2018


Tuesday is Election Day. It's also my mom's birthday. So get out there and give my mom the best present ever by exercising your civil right! Remember: If you don't vote, you don't get to complain.

In other news, my laptop came back from being repaired. Woohoo! It has a shiny new LCD screen that no longer does that weird ghosting and vertical liney thing. The whole process took 6 days from ship out to return, but it felt like ages. I have come to rely on that thing... perhaps a bit too much. Maybe I should contemplate a screen free day. Have any of you tried that?
  • Work
    • I read a lot of stuff about SWOT analyses. I'm conducting one for my new library so that I can get a better idea of how to frame my marketing and outreach strategies. That said, business-speak starts to get annoying after the fifth article or so.
  • Books
    • I'm still making steady progress on How Paris Became Paris. It's a surprisingly fast read for being such a fact-filled text. I knew it would make me want to go back to Paris, but now I want to go back to Paris and take a bunch of historical walking tours.

Comments