Pinned: On Toast


I love a good snack (or meal) that fits on a piece of toast. There's something about bread toasted to perfection - you know, where the outside is browned and crunchy and the inside is still soft. Bonus points if you bite in and a bit steam wafts out. Take that toast and slather on butter or cheese or a sweet spread. Then, top it all off with your piece de resistance - avocado, nuts, thinly sliced meats. Or, my case, mushrooms.

I love mushrooms. I love them roasted. I love the braised. I love them marinated. I even love them raw. Mushrooms are something I can't get enough of.

Sadly, mushroom sandwiches haven't really taken off (although Potbelly does a decent mushroom melt). But, mushrooms on toast... that's a thing. I can pile mushrooms over goat cheese on a slice of toasted wheat baguette. It's heavenly. I pinned this recipe for garlic mushroom toast with herbed ricotta because it's everything I love on a slice of bread. What really puts this recipe over the top for me is that the mushrooms simmer in white wine for a little bit. Noms!

Want to know just how much I love mushrooms on toast? I even made a trait for my dragonborn D&D character. Cause that's how I roll.



You can see everything I've saved over on Pinterest.

Comments