What I'm Loving: Enveloping Warmth

Now that fall is here, I get to be cozy again. There's nothing like taking a walk in the brisk air and then coming home to create a bubble of warmth.


I love to either hop in the shower for a replenishing soak or immediately put on my pajamas and burrow under a throw blanket. These jumps from cool to warm are all about coziness and restoration. There's nothing like the feeling of heat spreading back to your fingers after they've been chilled by the outside air.


Making hot mugs of tea or enjoying an occasional cup of cocoa are also back on the menu. I love to slowly wrap my fingers around my beverage and feel the heat spread in to my hands. I can hold the mug close to my body and inhale the steamy vapors or watch a dollop of whipped cream slowly melt into creamy tastiness.


It's the season of hearty soups and stews to warm you from the inside out. The steam from the broth first warming my lips first then filling my belly with comfort and happiness. But first, these dishes bubble away on the stove adding their luscious aromas my home. 

I love fall not just because it's beautiful, but because it brings on restorative activities. Being home is all about creating coziness and enjoying warmth. It's about snuggles with loved ones and pets. It's about layers of soft clothing. It's about curative meals. It's about going outside so you can come home and seek out this happiness all over again.

Comments