What I Read This Week: October 7, 2018


One week at my new job is in the books! I'm more excited for the position now than I was when I interviewed for the role. I'm back in public services where my library heart has always lied. My new role focuses on outreach and reference and I can't wait to start putting some of my creative ideas to work. The library I now work in has these huge windows that look out into one of the main student lounges. I'm thinking I might need to have some fun with washable glass paint and speech bubbles. It's a thing I'm noodling on.

The only downside to the new gig is that my introverted side doesn't often get a break during the day. I'm sure I'll get used to it but this week I had many tireds.

  • Books
    • I finished reading Vox. Reading this book while the Supreme Court hearings were going on was quite the, um, contrast. Let's just say my anger in relation to current events was simmering on high all week. I'll have a full review of the book in a few weeks, but it was good - except for the ending feeling rushed.
    • I also polished off Lovable Livable Home. It was definitely my favorite of the Petersik's two books. I thought the tone was more enjoyable and the structure more useful.


Comments