What I Read This Week: October 21, 2018


I had Friday off since I worked yesterday. I decided, since the weather was cooler, to add some jogging back in to my workout. Le ouch. It's been about 6 months since I did anything faster than a brisk walk. It was a good workout, but it was a better reminder that I need to run more often. At least the weather was stunningly beautiful - that made the pain of my labored breathing a little less annoying.
  • Work
    • Thanks to readathon, I managed to finish 2 books that were work related. I love that I can now read books about social media, marketing, and photography and know that they play a role in what I do day-to-day. 
      • The Joy of iPhotography: Take Awesome Photos with Your Phone by Jack Hollingsworth
      • The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing by Laura Solomon
  • Magazines
    • National Geographic, October 2018 - The cover story about the tribes in the Amazon was enlightening. It directly shows how humans impact nature and other humans with devastating consequences. There are all walks of life that need to be protected. In lighter news, I loved the article on jellyfish. I find these creatures to be utterly fascinating. Also, I would love to have jellyfish screensaver. It's like a fish tank... but not. Finally, I had no idea that falconry was still such a huge hobby OR that it started out as a women's art. 
  • Books
    • My readathon may have been shorter than usual, but I managed to finish China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan. I also wrapped up Lagom: The Swedish Art of Living a Balanced, Happy Life by Niki Brantmark.

Comments