Pinned: The Library Promise


Last week, I started my new job. I am now the Outreach and Reference Librarian for a local university. This means I am back working in public services where my heart truly lies. While I enjoy all sorts of library work, I adore interacting with patrons and being able to put some creative ideas to work. I have two Pinterest boards devoted to libraries. The first is called Librarian Stuff and is all about things related to libraries, books, and humor. It's where I save anything that makes me happy and puts a smile on my face. The second board is Work Ideas. This is, as it sounds, where I save any ideas I think might be useful to our library.

I was waffling between which board to choose a pin from because all of it makes me so happy right now. In the end, I decided to go with this gem from Librarian Stuff. Essentially, it's the promise of the library. If you want, we'll find it.

Libraries don't judge. Libraries don't qualify. Everyone deserves the same level of service. Everyone is welcome. You have the freedom to learn. You have the freedom to enjoy. You have the freedom to ask. We are here to fulfill your needs accurately, equitably, and without bias.

The library is a place with a purpose, but that purpose cannot be fulfilled without you. So stop by and explore! We're here to help.

Comments