Pairings: Share Worthy


My favorite book as a child was King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey and Don Wood. Actually, strike the "was" there. It's still my favorite kid's book. The reason I love King Bidgood is because the story is lively and the art is superb. This book tells the story of a medieval style king who refuses to leave his royal bath. So, he brings the court to him. We follow along as the King feasts in the tubs, fishes in the tubs, and even holds a royal ball in the tub. The story is so utterly delightful and beautifully told that I share it as much as I can. If you're in my life and have a kid, I have likely given you this book.


While you can't eat this recipe in the bathtub, it is certainly share worthy. In one single dish, you get a meal fit for a king. This oven roasted autumn medley from Budget Bytes is standard fare in our home. It's an easy dish to make that mixes all your veggies, potatoes, and meat in one pan. Everything is coated with flavorful spices, like sage, and baked until heavenly. We love to use chicken apple sausage to bring everything together. When people ask me to share recipes, this one is always at the top of list.

Comments