Pairings: Out of This World


Growing up, I read This Place Has No Atmosphere by Paula Danziger at least 14 times. At least. I read it so often that the teacher who I borrowed it from just gave it to me. Somewhere alone the way, I lost my well-loved, tattered copy of the book. A few years ago, I bought myself a copy so that I could reread a part of my childhood. While the book was not the "best thing ever" that I read when I was 7, it was still entrancing and quite the nostalgic trip. All the warm and fuzzy feelings of reading as a kid rushed back to me. I still have that new copy and I plan on reading it occasionally when I need to recreate those happy, carefree feelings.


What better way to relive childhood than to have dessert for breakfast? I might have been the only kid that like oatmeal raisin cookies, but even I know they don't count as breakfast. Budget Bytes has created this recipe for oatmeal cookie baked oatmeal that tastes like dessert but is still hearty enough for breakfast. It's a great recipe that feels a little nostalgic and a whole lot tasty.

Comments