A Different Kind of Readathon


Tomorrow is readathon. Usually this means I've spent the week collecting books, developing a menu, and writing overly-excited blog posts. Not this time. Tomorrow's readathon is going to be a little different.

Why?

Because I have to work the Saturday reference desk shift at my new library. Since this counts as a work day for me, I'm changing things up. In between helping patrons and answering queries, I plan on reading some professional development books centered around outreach and marketing (which is my new gig).

Since I will be at work, my blog updates will be limited. I will try to update the books I am reading on Instagram.

Also, since working and commuting mean my page count will be down, I'm just declaring up front that I will donate $75 to First Book in honor of readathon.

Comments