What I'm Loving: To Do Lists

This is my week of productivity! I gave myself a week off between ending my old job and start my new one. I'm choosing to use this time to DO ALL THE THINGS that I have on my personal to do lists. 

I adore to do lists. I love writing things down and I love checking things off. There's no better feeling that seeing a long list of tasks dwindle down to nothing.

On my lists this week are a mix of chores and fun. I have one day of cleaning planned, a day of laundry planned, a day of scanning documents and photos planned, and a spa day. Each day either has it's own to do list of a section on a master to do list. I keep these long, master lists in Google Keep.


I love Google Keep because I can access it from anywhere. It's attached to my Google account which means I can open the Keep App on my phone and look at and check off items on the go. (It's how The Husband and I do our weekly grocery shopping.) This is great for when I have a day of errands and I don't want to take my bullet journal with me. It also means I can add tasks whenever the cross my mind.

Speaking of my bullet journal, I also use that to keep track of my to do list. Each day, I write down the main tasks that need to be completed. To save myself some hand cramps from writing too much, I will often write the main task in my bullet journal and then refer to my Keep list for the subtasks. For example, in my bullet journal I will just write "Clean Apartment." My Keep list will then indicate all the individual tasks for that chore, i.e. dust, vacuum, trash/recycling, etc. 


The main bonus of this hybrid system is that I can keep master lists in Keep. I can check off the individual tasks on say, my cleaning list, and then reuse it again when I have another cleaning day.

I have so many to do lists activities to complete this week that I am bouncing in excitement. Bring on the productivity!

Comments