What I Read This Week: September 9, 2018


In an effort to check-off something on both of our bucket lists, The Husband and I are at a dark sky location this weekend to do some super stargazing. The weather has been fairly cooperative but we're not doing as much daytime hiking as we planned. Thank goodness for board games and general area exploration!

  • Books
    • I finished The Golden Secrets of Lettering. It was fine. I think binging on all these lettering books in a few weeks might have been a bad idea. They all start to run together after awhile.
    • I also finished Follow Me To which is basically the coffee table version of this Instagram account. I like pretty pictures.
    • In an effort to really pad by book count, I also finished Creative Lettering and Beyond. See my comments from the first book on this list.
    • Oh, and I started and finished The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins which is a graphic novel version of the podcast. The name changes threw me for a loop, but it was otherwise a funny and fun read.
    • And, for the last thing on this list, I started The Hating Game. It came in from the library just in time for me to take it on this vacation. So far, so good. I enjoy a good rom-com book from time to time.

Comments