What I Read This Week: September 16, 2018


Confession time. Last week in this post, I said the weather was fairly cooperative for out trip. Well, I wrote that post on the Friday before our Dark Sky vacation so that I could truly log off while we were away. In reality, the weather was entirely uncooperative. While The Husband and I did enjoy a single day of hiking around Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon, the star viewing was a complete bust. It was cloudy and rainy every night.

We're sad that we didn't get our super celestial gazing in, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. We played board games, watched some movies, and greatly enjoyed the fireplace in the cabin. I was even able to binge read a novel in one sitting. I haven't been able to do that in months.

  • Books
    • I binged The Hating Game while enjoying some wine and the fire. It was the perfect cosy reading atmosphere while it poured outside. While this book is certainly not high literature, it was the perfect read for our getaway. It's a high interest story and I enjoyed every minute of my time reading it. This is the kind of romance lit I used to plow through in college and I'm glad I got to enjoy it again.
    • The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was not originally on my TBR list, but The Husband picked it up from the library. I decided that I needed to read it before we returned it to our local branch. It was delightful! The stories reminded me of my college class on fantasy literature and I thought the commentary from Dumbledore was the perfect addition.
    • Now, I am working my way through the next books in the Wonder Woman graphic novel series. Right now, I'm on Volume 3: The Truth.

Comments