Pinned: Reading the Symbols


I'm currently savoring a week off in between jobs. Since I simply can't laze about for 5 whole days (although there will be some lazing about), I've opted to tackle some chores and to do list items. Monday I spent all morning giving our apartment a super cleaning. Yesterday, I did laundry. 5 loads of it. While I was doing laundry, I couldn't figure out if a blanket could be machine dried or not. And, of course, like all confounding pieces of laundry, the tag was no help. It was just a bunch of those random symbols.

Grr!

Luckily, I remembered that I pinned a key to reading those symbols. One quick check and I discovered that the item in question must be air dried. Phew. Crisis averted.

While I will complain about the incomprehensibility of these symbols, at least people have made translations available.

Now if only I could memorize them...

Comments